2021 Benefits Plan Information
Faculty, Administrative Professionals, and Other Eligible Non-Classified Staff
Plan Resources Premiums/Imputed Income Summary of Benefits Coverage (SBC)
Summary Plan Description (pdf) Monthly Premiums (pdf) Ram Plan-HDHP (pdf)
Medical Plan Comparison (pdf) Imputed Income – Medical, Dental, Vision (pdf) Green Plan (pdf)
Medicare Part D Notice (pdf) Basic Life Imputed Income (pdf) Gold Plan (pdf)
Upload official documentation (securely) POS Plan (pdf)
What's New in 2021?
- Changes made during open enrollment will be effective January 1, 2021. Any changes outside this period are allowed if you experience a mid-year qualifying event.
- Medical Premiums: This year there will be an increase in medical plan premiums due to the volatility of claims expenditures in 2020. The Green and Ram Plan employee only coverage remain at no cost. The university funding model is based off 100% of the employee only Green plan premium and 76% of the family Green plan premium which makes up the university funding cost towards medical enrollment in any plan. In addition to the premium increase shared by employees and the University in this funding model an added amount of funding is still needed to cover anticipated claims. As a result, the University will be contributing an additional $2.4M on top of the required employer share in the funding model to reduce the premium increase impact to employees and to solidify health plan financials for the coming year.
- Health Savings Account (HSA): Maximum annual contribution limits will increase to $3,600 (individual) and $7,200 (family) for Ram Plan—HDHP enrollees.
- SilverCloud: The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will be offering a new online feature to help you think and feel better. Details will be sent to your CSU email.
- Sleep Support: CSU is excited to announce that Anthem’s LiveHealth Online will offer Sleep Support as of January 1. In addition to using the telemedicine tool for medical and behavioral health care, you can schedule an appointment with a board-certified sleep specialist if you are impacted by poor sleeping patterns.
What's Staying the Same?
- Green & Ram Plan-HDHP: Employee only coverage for these two medical plans is available at no-cost to you. Review the medical comparison guide for a side by side comparison of all the available medical plans.
- Disability & Life Insurance: Receive short and long term disability coverage and $70,000 in group term life at no-cost (subject to imputed income).
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Enroll in a health care or dependent care FSA (must re-enroll each year).
- HSA: CSU will contribute $500 to your Fidelity HSA account if you elect the Ram Plan-HDHP.
- FITlife Wellness Incentive: Earn $150 for completing three steps that help achieve overall well-being.
- Assistance from Human Resources: Although our office is closed and we are working remotely, the HR Service Center and Benefits team are available to answer your questions. Email us anytime!
Colorado State University is committed to creating a healthy workplace, which include several benefits to help balance your work and personal needs. Interested in learning more? Check out your other available benefit programs.
- Life Insurance: Leave your loved ones with the money they’d need to maintain their lives if you passed away or you can cover your dependents.
- Disability Insurance: Short and long term disability are provided at no cost (taxable) and provides income replacement if you are injured or sick.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Designed to help you and your family navigate difficult life situations such as mental and physical health, conflict resolution, legal concerns, etc. Employees and their dependents are eligible for six free sessions per family member, per issue, per calendar year.
What's NEW with Alex?
Utilize ALEX, a confidential benefits counselor, on any computer, tablet, or smartphone! ALEX can also help you review how much to put into your HSA—and which voluntary benefits might be a good fit, too.
This year, Alex will explain the voluntary retirement plans and help you calculate how much to put aside to ensure your savings goals are on track. Get started now.
Commit to be FIT and watch it pay off. Employees enrolled in a CSU Anthem medical plan who complete the following activities by December 31, 2020 can earn a $150 (taxable) incentive in 2021. The FITlife wellness goals are improved due to precautions surrounding COVID-19. This year, the health fair and biometrics are not required to participate. You can boost your paycheck and earn the incentive by completing the three health and wellness educational opportunities, all from your home!
Download the mobile Engage wellness app or register online. Engage helps you experience your benefits in whole new way and earn rewards for tracking your sleep, steps and food.