Out of Cycle Check Requests
Out of Cycle Checks
- Special payments may be requested when the department misses any of the payroll processing deadlines resulting in an employee failing to receive pay on the regularly scheduled payday.
- The manual processing involved is labor intensive and the payments are expensive to produce.
- Human Resource Services is required to focus on its primary functions and to eliminate or reduce non-essential functions. A fee of $25 is assessed for each special payment requested by a department after 10 such payments have been issued within any given fiscal year.
Requesting an Out of Cycle Check
- Payment to the employee will be deposited into the employee’s bank account on record unless a physical check is required. Direct deposits are normally posted to the employees account within 3-4 business days of the processing of the special payment.
- To request a special payment, email HR Payroll with the following information:
- Department payroll liaison name and phone number
- Department name and number
- Account number to charge for the $25 fee
- Reason a special payment is being requested
- Full name as it appears in the HR System
- Assignment number
- Employee group (i.e., student hourly, state classified, faculty)
- Please specify if the employee prefers a direct deposit or live check
- For hourly employees, attach a scanned copy of the completed timecard
- For each employee who is to receive a special payment:
- For salaried employees, provide the dates the requested special payment covers.