All CSU employees play a key role in advancing the mission of the University – which is why we are proud to offer a comprehensive total rewards package. These benefits support your overall health and wellbeing while also promoting a healthy work-life balance. As an eligible CSU employee, you receive the following benefits:
- Multiple medical insurance plan choices
- Employer contributions to HSA
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA options
- Short and long term disability
- On-campus healthcare facility and pharmacy
- Annual on-site flu shots and biometric exams
- Wellness incentive programs
- Dental and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance & the ability to purchase additional coverage
- Learn More:
While employees of CSU do not contribute to Social Security, the University and the state of Colorado offer competitive retirement plans. As a condition of employment and required by Colorado law, employees are required to participate in either the University’s Defined Contribution Plan (DCP) or the Public Employee’s Retirement Plan (PERA) of Colorado. Each plan offers a generous employer match between 10 – 12%.
Note: Individual departments whose responsibilities dictate unusual work schedules may establish holiday schedules which deviate from the University’s schedule.
Holiday Schedule and Leave Policies
CSU recognizes the importance of supporting employees as they balance their career, personal, and family life. As a part of this endeavor, the University offers generous several paid and unpaid leave policies. Note: Leave eligibility and details vary by employment type.
Employee and Family Resources
- Employee discounts to childcare facilities, after-school programs, and summer camps
- CSU CARE Program provides employees referrals to organizations in who provide low-to-no-cost services that include: household necessities, dependent and elder care, housing, education, transportation, etc.
- Employee Assistance Program offers on-site support, third-party confidential support, and 24-hour crisis resources
- Academic privileges including 50% discount on tuition for qualified dependents
- Free use of Transfort and MAX bus with employee ID
- Athletic season ticket discounts and other athletic and art discounts and programs
- Family, couple, and individual therapy
- Discounted access to CSU Campus Recreation, City of Fort Collins and Boulder recreation centers
- Volunteer in Public Schools (VIPS) program allows up to five hours of paid volunteer time in area public schools
- 20% discount for veterinary services at the CSU Veterinary Teaching Hospital
- Colorado State University’s Commitment to Campus encompasses a wide range of programs, discounts, and special benefits available to CSU faculty and staff.
Personal Growth and Development
- Academic privileges offer eligible employees up to nine credit hours per academic year
- Dedicated Talent and Development team
- Professional Development Award which offers financial support for professional development outside of the University
- Variety of ways to become involved including access to cultural centers and networking groups
- Free newspapers including USA Today and Denver Post
- Career Counseling and Assessment Clinic offers a comprehensive career assessment program for CSU employees and their immediate family members
- Annual events which offer no-cost flu shots and biometric exams to employees enrolled in medical coverage
- Annual fairs where employees can meet with their benefits vendors
- Financial education available through partnerships with Canvas Credit Union