2020 Tax Form Information (W-2 and 1095)
Active employees can access their W-2 through Employee Self-Service. For employees who have left CSU, W-2s were mailed on Friday, January 29 to the address on file. It is university policy to allow the first 10 business days of February to elapse before issuing a new copy. This allows ample time for mail processing and accommodates for USPS delays. We are unable to make any exceptions.
If your W-2 is not received by February 15, please submit the W-2 reissue form along with a copy of your photo ID to the secure OneDrive. We will begin to reissue forms via secure email beginning on February 15.
The 1095-C form was mailed the first week of February, this form cannot be accessed online. If you do not receive the form by February 15, please email MyHR@colostate.edu.
- View or change your name, address, and phone number. Please note: if you update your name in ESS, you must contact your departmental HR liaison so they can verify the change (SSN card or ID).
- Student employees must change their name in RamWeb.
- View your assignment and salary history.
Direct Deposit Management
- Add or change your direct deposit information.
- Direct deposit details
- If a paper paycheck is produced due to unusual circumstances, employees are required to pick up paychecks at the Cashier’s Office located at 555 S. Howes Street, Fort Collins, CO, 80523 which is open during University business hours, Monday through Friday.
- Employees must provide picture identification when picking up a check.
- Payroll will not mail paper paychecks to employees who live within a reasonable distance of the University. If an employee lives outside of the area, the employee should coordinate delivery or pickup of their check through their departmental HR liaison.
- View and print current and past pay advices.
- Pay advices are published each pay date.
W-4 Tax Form
- Change your W-4 – this will update both state and federal withholdings. If you wish for different deductions between State and Federal, please complete a paper W-4 form and return to Human Resources.
- Before completing the 2020 Form W-4, please read the instructions located on pages 3 and 4 of the form.
- You must complete Sections 1 and 5.
- Sections 2, 3, and 4 are optional and dependent on your personal circumstances.
- Sections further defined:
- Step 1 is your personal information.
- Step 2 is for households with multiple jobs.
- Step 3 is to claim tax credits for dependents.
- Step 4 is for other adjustments (additional income such as interest and dividends, itemized deductions that exceed the standard deduction and extra tax you may want withheld) and those claiming exempt or nonresident alien employees.
- Step 5 is your signature.
- It is recommended that you do a paycheck check-up before completing the W-4 form. To conduct the check-up you can use the IRS’s Tax Withholding Estimator. To effectively use the estimator it is helpful to have a copy of your most recent pay-slip and tax return.
- W-4 Instructions
- View and print your W-2s.
- Your W-2 is uploaded to ESS by January 31st for the previous tax year.
Requesting a Copy of your W-2 Form
- For former employees without an active eID:
- Submit a completed W-2 Reissue Request form (available 10 business days after January 31) with signature and date along with a copy of photo ID. Secure Reissue Request and photo ID upload.
- W-2 reissue requests for a year other than the most recent year will require a $5.00 replacement fee, cash or check only.
- Please mail payment to: Human Resources 555 South Howes St | 6004 Campus Delivery Fort Collins, CO 80523
- Delivery of the form will be as follows:
- Secured email
- Postal mail to requested delivery address
- Faculty and Administrative Professionals: view your current benefits.
- If you experience a mid-year life event, please contact Human Resources within 30 days of the the event.
Leave Balances Report
- Run this report to view your sick and annual leave balances.
- Balances are transferred on the 6th of each month.
- When running the report, do not change the ‘Month End Date.’