Other Benefit Programs
Colorado State University is committed to creating a healthy workplace, which includes several benefit offerings to help balance your work and personal needs. Explore the menu options below to learn more about the benefit and discount programs available to eligible CSU employees.
CSU offers you and your family opportunities to further your education. Visit Academic Privileges to learn more about opportunities for discounts on tuition through Employee Study Privilege and the Tuition Scholarship Program.
Colorado State University’s Commitment to Campus encompasses a wide range of programs, discounts, and special benefits available to CSU faculty and staff. These opportunities are offered to:
- Promote employee health, wellness, and personal advancement
- Engage employees in the life of the University
- Connect employees and students outside the classroom
- Enrich participation in campus programs, classes, and events
- Reward employees for their service and involvement in the CSU community
Learn more by visiting the C2C website.
The CARE program provides CSU employees with information about, and referrals to, agencies and organizations in Northern Colorado who provide low-cost or no-cost services in the areas of:
- Physical and mental healthcare
- Food, clothing and other household necessities
- Dependent care and elder care
- Services for the disabled
- Housing, including emergency food and shelter
- And other support services
The CARE Program is free and available to CSU employees. Learn more on the CARE website.
CSU employees and dependents are offered six free sessions per family member, per issue, per calendar year. Employees will be referred by a ComPsych representative to a licensed clinician in the community whose experience best matches their presenting concern, such as:
- Relationship conflicts
- Problems with children
- Substance abuse
- Stress, anxiety or depression, grief, and loss
- Job pressures
The EAP also offers legal assistance, financial resources, and more. Visit the EAP website for additional information.
State Classified Employees are also eligible for the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (CSEAP) which offers value-added programs and services at no cost. Visit the State of Colorado website for details.
Consistent with the Commitment to Campus (C2C) mission, and as part of its commitment to the well-being of members of the CSU community, C2C has developed the Employee Hardship Loan Fund (EHLF) program to lend a helping hand in times of crisis to those employees most in need.
An emergency assistance program offering loans with little or no interest is consistent with the CSU mission and its role as a fiscally responsible employer that seeks to improve the lives of its employees and maintain their productivity. EHLF loans will be made available to CSU employees experiencing a financial crisis only when there is a reasonable expectation of repayment. Loans will be limited in amount and frequency, and will be repaid by payroll deduction.
- Academic Faculty on regular, special or temporary appointments of half-time or greater
- Administrative Professionals on regular, special, senior teaching or temporary appointments of half-time or greater
- Post-Doctoral Fellows, Veterinary Interns and Clinical Psychology Interns on appointments of half-time or greater
- State Classified salaried employees
Definition of an Emergency
Examples of an emergency need include:
- Death in the family causing financial difficulties, such as unexpected travel to attend the funeral;
- Being the victim of a serious crime, especially when it deprives the employee of cash, credit or access to his or her accounts;
- Urgent medical, dental or other healthcare treatment expenses not covered by insurance;
- An unforeseen, calamitous event or urgent circumstance that creates a hardship that is not caused by the employee.
On the State of Colorado Employee BenefitHub website, you will find discounts and rewards, the purchase program, and other company-related benefit links. All you need to register is your CSU email address!
CSU is a qualified employer under the PSLF program which forgives the balance on your Direct Loans after you have met certain eligibility criteria. Learn more.