Retirement Plans Review
Current, retired, and former CSU faculty and staff recently received communication about a review of their retirement plans. You can read more about the project update in SOURCE.
Participants were invited to attend a town hall to learn about the review and the future of CSU retirement plans. Please click below to view materials and recordings from these sessions. Please choose the correct category for your employment – information presented in the town halls is specific based on your employee status.
The goal of the exhaustive review is to help employees prepare effectively for retirement, to make it easier to save and invest in retirement plans, to reduce complexity, to lower costs for plan participants and to provide a high level of education to elevate your engagement in retirement plans throughout your career.
CSU modernizes employee retirement plans
In spring 2020, CSU launched a research-based approach to improve retirement preparedness for university employees. Through this endeavor, a committee compared CSU’s retirement plans with best practices and standards through a rigorous process.
Innovest Portfolio Solutions, a national firm specializing in this type of research, worked with a committee on the review. The committee is established through the university’s shared governance model to review and recommend retirement plan improvements to Human Resources. Innovest recently completed similar retirement projects for other higher education institutions in Colorado.
What you can do now:
- Chair: Joseph DiVerdi, Non-Tenure Track Faculty Committee Member | Associate Professor, Chemistry, College of Natural Sciences
- Sue Doe, Faculty Council Chair | Professor, English, College of Liberal Arts
- Catherine Douras, former Admin Pro Council Chair | Senior Research Administrator, Office of Sponsored Programs
- Bolivar Senior, University Benefits Committee | Chair, Associate Professor
Construction Management, College of Health & Human Science (now retired)
- Lacey Snyder, Higher Ed ORP Review Committee Member | Administrative Professional, Associate University Controller
CSU Human Resources
- Robyn Fergus, former Vice President for Human Resources & CHRO
- Bill Liley, Special Assistant to CHRO & Retired HR Director
- Teri Suhr, Chief Total Rewards Officer
Innovest Portfolio Solutions
- Wendy Dominguez, Principal, President, & Co-Founder
- Gordon Tewell, Principal
- Troy Jensen, Principal